Member Care & Fellowship Coordinator
Member Care & Fellowship organizes and leads programs to care for our members and inspire interest in Christ Congregational Church. We extend the opportunities of church membership to those who wish to participate in the fellowship of the church, and assist new members in becoming actively involved in church life.
Helping those that are going through a difficult time and those that would like the support of a caring listener, our small teams of 3-5 caregivers act as a healing presence for people in need. Each team is made up of volunteers who share responsibilities to contact care receivers, listen respectfully to them, and provide companionship and support in whatever ways seem most appropriate.
If you would like the support of a caring listener, or know of someone that could benefit from pastoral care, please contanct Jane Anderson, Bud Dennie, or Pastor Gloria to connect with a Because We Care coordinator.
The Memorial Service Reception Team (MSRT) supports our minister during memorial receptions, and offers support in helping with meals for families with new babies, and providing and delivering meals to people that are sick or otherwise need support. The team lead supports monthly coordinators that are responsible for gathering volunteers to help with memorial receptions and volunteers to help with meals for families that have an illness or a new baby.
If you would like to help with food preparation or delivery, or help during memorial receptions, please contact Bud Dennie.
Once each month (typically the 3rd Saturday), the Lets Have Fun team hosts a game night and potluck in the Social Hall. Fun lovers of all ages are welcome and everyone brings a dish to share. We usually have A LOT of great games, so bring your favorite game, a new one to try or just show up!
How it works…
1) We eat, laugh, and catch up
2) We see what games showed up (there are games for all ages)
3) We sit down at tables to play the games and have lots of fun!
Some popular games include:
- Card games (“Oh Hell”, poker, etc.)
- Go fish
- Ticket to ride
- …and many more!!
The Health and Wellness Ministry strives to integrate faith and health to provide support for the holistic well-being of the congregation. We aim to further CCC’s healing and wholeness mission to meet the needs of individuals and their families by building bridges between the health care system, the individual, and the faith community.
The following activities are currently being supported by the health ministry:
- Workshops throughout the year on various health and wellness topics.
- Blood pressure screenings the second Sunday of each month.
- Health education as needed or requested.
- Resource referrals as needed.
- Maintaining a medical equipment closet (contact: Trish Esposito).
If you have any questions, ideas, or would like to volunteer with the Health and Wellness ministry contact Kerri Hufford or Pastor Gloria.
Advent Wreath Workshop and Luncheon
The Advent wreath workshop is usually held after worship on the 1st Sunday of Advent. Participants are encouraged to sign -up in advance and indicate whether they are bringing soup, salad or dessert. All participants are encouraged to donate “greens” for decorating the wreaths. Drinks and bread will be provided by the “Fellowship Hour” volunteers. One person should coordinate the food and another person should lead the wreath-making. Be prepared to feed and have wreath supplies for about sixty people.
- Check all supplies (located in storage closet near sanctuary) and purchase what is needed (sisal wreaths, candles, candle holders, greens pins)
- The following websites have been used in past years to order supplies:
- Six-inch candles-100candles.com
- Candle holders -Afloral.com, 1-888-299-4100
- Wreaths – Joann.com
In early November
- Verify that the Social Hall is available
- Submit an announcement to the church office for inclusion in the Bulletin for each Sunday in November and for the website. Remind people to bring garden gloves, clippers, donations of greens, and one item to share for lunch: soup, salad or dessert.
The day of the event
- Bring some newspapers to cover tables after supper
- Set up tables with paper tablecloths
- Set up a couple of tables for food
- Have a sample wreath made for display